Conference participants may need a
Chinese visa to enter China. Specifically, those who are not
Chinese citizens, except passport holders from Singapore,
Brunei, and Japan, need a Chinese visa. Participants can
apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the
region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty,
participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as
possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese
visa at least 1 month in advance.
It is easier and more convenient to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
Necessary Materials to Apply for Chinese Visa
- A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa;
- One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;
- One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted);
- Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China;
- Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer.
For more information, please contact the local
Chinese Embassy in your country or visit the website:
Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China and obtain a tourist visa irrespective of whether or not they have registered with the Conference Secretary.